Method 1: Eliminate your antimalware app
The security software on your computer like anti-virus or firewall software can hinder WidevineCdm from improving correctly. Therefore we informed you Get rid of your security at first, and try to update WidevineCdm in chrome://components/.
Keep in mind: You may re-enable your security application when the up-date is executed efficiently.
Method 2: Check if your account user has totally full command to change WidevineCdm directory
1) On your computer, press Windows key + R key mutually to open a Run box. Simply type %userprofile%/appdata/local in the box and hold Enter.
2) On pop-up window, double-click Google > Chrome > User Data.
3) In User Data folder, pick and right-click on WidevineCdm to pick Properties.
4) On display window, tap on Security option. And then determine whether your login name pc user is allowed with Final command.
If ever it’s not, simply click Edit… to correct the adjustment. Uncheck the box of Deny catalog, therefore click on Apply > OK to save your option.
Go back once again chrome://components/ to confirm for upgrade again. This will solve widevine content decryption module not updating issue.
Method 3: Eliminate Widevine Directory
1) Shut down Chrome web browser.
2) Follow step 1)-3) in Choice 2 to find WidevineCdm folder in your computer or laptop.
3) Move the folder to Recycle Bin. Now right-click on Recycle Bin to choose Empty Recycle Bin.
Then go back again chrome://components/ to validate for updates again.