The DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) states that service providers should not discriminate against handicapped men and women. A website is considered a service and so falls under this law, and consequently has to be made available for everybody. Go over alkanyx.com in order to learn further details about wp plugin.
Some organisations are making accessibility improvements to their websites, but many are seemingly not making the accessibility adjustments. Disabled men and women don't access their site, they state, so why should they care?
Why You Need to take care of disabled Internet users
The numbers on the Amount of consumers who may face problems due to your Site 's access are quite startling:
* There are 8.6 million registered disabled people in the UK – 14% of the population (source: DRC)
* One in 12 men and one in 200 women have some Kind of colour blindness – 9% of the United Kingdom population (source: Institution of Electrical Engineers)
* Two million UK residents have a sight problem – 4 percent of their people (source: RNIB)
* There are 12 million people aged 60 or more than 21% of the United Kingdom population (source: UK government)
Although there's necessarily some overlap between the above classes, adding up these numbers provides a total of 48 percent of the united kingdom population that may face issues with your site 's accessibility. This 's an extraordinarily large number.
It's not just disabled users that will 't get into your own Site
Non-disabled men and women may also experience problems with your site 's accessibility. Not everyone is viewing your site on the most recent version of Internet Explorer, including all the plug-ins and apps which you might need them to have for optimal accessibility.
* Users on slow connections regularly turn images off to enable a faster download time. Some browsers, like the text-only Lynx browser don't display images in any way.
* Not every user has downloaded the latest Flash app which 's required to get your website. Furthermore, the download time on Flash sites frequently takes so long that users eliminate patience and don't wait to view the content. Only 25% of internet users in the united kingdom are directly connected to the Net via broadband (source: National Statistics).